Purpose of the position:
- The Chief Accountant’s role is to ensure and safeguard accounting in compliance with international statutory and regulatory requirements for public companies.
- Member of the Finance Operations team.Responsible and internal go-to person for clients' accounting system, related internal processes and day to day accounts operations.
- Responsible for and internal go-to person for interim and annual financial accounting, consolidation and (internal/external) reporting according to applicable regulations and reporting obligations.
- The internal go-to person for corporate taxes and levies.
- Facilitates proper functioning of the accounting team (includes separate functions for amongst others accounts receivable, accounts payable and General Ledger) and required interactions with the business control team.
- Updating, improving, expanding and controlling of internal accounting systems for the Group and its subsidiaries (currently located in Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands and soon the US) in close collaboration with involved auditors.
- Ensuring internal control processes in support of the accounting systems, with the intent of moving towards compliance with the COSO 2013 framework.
- Preparing, planning and safeguarding of a diligent execution of all periodic accounting financial closing activities, including accounting controls and reconciliations for each of the relevant Group entities.
- Execution of periodic group consolidation activities for all entities in compliance with amongst others IFRS reporting, in consultation with external advisors when needed.
- Preparation of formal financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement) with supporting schedules and notes in compliance with international and local financial reporting standards, and this on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis.
- Preparing, executing and safeguarding of interim and annual external audit reviews.
- Safeguarding compliance with all (in)direct tax (VAT, import/export duties, royalty and dividend with holding taxes, levies) obligations and reporting requirements.
- In charge of preparing annual and periodic income tax declarations and analyses in close collaboration with external tax advisors.
- Leads the accounting team, continuously develops and optimizes the potential and capabilities of people.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience within an international and commercial business environment
- Preferably work experience within big 4 audit companies
- Strong up to date knowledge of Belgian accountancy legislation
- Strong up to date knowledge of IFRS regulations and reporting requirements
- Good knowledge on internal control processes and frameworks
- Good knowledge on executing formal audit processes
- In-depth knowledge on group consolidation activities
- Knowledge on ERP systems (experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus) and BI reporting tools
- Good knowledge of Belgian Tax and VAT legislation
- Understanding of medical diagnostics industry is an asset
Interesse? Stuur ons een e-mail!